Maryland is one of the most expensive states when it comes to auto insurance, with premiums averaging between $ 2,700 and $ 3,000. Here is how to reduce your auto insurance premium and get cheap car insurance in Maryland.
Get all the discounts you can
Promotions lower your insurance premium, saving you money. Common auto insurance discounts include:
• Multi-Policy Discount - to have your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company.
• Multi-Vehicle Discount - for two or more cars insured with the same insurance company.
• Driver voucher - for being accident free for at least three years.
• Student voucher - to maintain a high average in school.
• Cheap Driving School - for taking a training course for drivers.
• Low Mileage Discount - for driving miles below the national average.
• Safety features discount - to have safety devices such as air bags and anti-lock brakes in your car.
• Anti-Theft Devices Discount - to have an alarm system or other anti-theft device on your car.
• Citizens Senior Discount - for those 50 years or older and retired.
Ask your insurance and discounts on the other you might benefit from. Lower your coverage and increase your deductibles
Maryland law requires that you have at least guarantees of responsibility:
• $ 20,000 per person for bodily injury. This is the maximum the insurance company will pay any person you cause injury.
• $ 40,000 per accident for bodily injury. This is the maximum the insurance company will pay - Total - for damages.
• $ 15,000 per accident for property. This is the maximum the insurance company will pay for damage you cause to someone else's vehicle or property.
Your car insurance premium will be lower if you buy only the minimum guarantees, but you may not have enough protection in case of accident.
You can also purchase collision and comprehensive coverage to pay for damage to your car. If you buy this coverage, set your deductibles as high as you can afford - the higher your deductible, the higher your premium.
Insurance premiums vary from one insurance company to another, so you need to learn and compare quotes. You can easily compare quotes by going to an insurance comparison website. On this site, you simply enter your insurance information. Shortly after, you'll start receiving quotes from a multiple-assessment of insurance companies.
You may want to read another guide on Cheap Car Insurance for Teenagers, Cheap Car Insurance for 17 Year Old and Cheap Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers.